The mission of the PGA高尔夫管理 University Program is to recruit diverse and talented students and develop them into committed professionals by providing a comprehensive and progressive educational program designed to prepare future PGA Members for a life-long career in golf. Students will gain valuable work experience and enhanced playing and teaching skills while fostering a sense of community through enjoyment and involvement in the game 高尔夫球.
A career in golf 管理 requires a unique combination of knowledge and skill, including areas such as finance, 管理, 市场营销, food and beverage 管理, 销售, plant science and golf aptitude.
This program is a 4.5-year plan and consists of two major components:
- A Bachelor of 业务 Administration (B.B.A.) degree in 管理 with a concentration in PGA高尔夫管理
- The PGA of America’s Professional Golf 管理 Program (PGM)
The PGA高尔夫管理 Program is a three-level golf specific educational program 专注于 人, 游戏 和 业务 高尔夫球. Each level of the program contains classroom studies, seminars and work experience activities, concluding with knowledge and/or skill simulation testing.
- Admission to the University of 美狮贵宾会登录中心 Oklahoma
- Meet with the 美狮贵宾会登录中心 PGA高尔夫管理 Program Staff
- Proof of a 12 or better handicap
Proof may be established by one of the following:
- Official USGA Handicap Card
- Verification of playing ability form signed by a high school golf coach
- Verification of playing ability form signed by a PGA golf professional
- Complete all application requirements
招生 to the PGA高尔夫管理 Program are accepted for the fall semester only. Application and acceptance to the PGA高尔夫管理 Program at 美狮贵宾会登录中心 must be completed before the last day to enroll in the fall semester of freshman year.
The PGA of America requires each entering PGA高尔夫管理 class to be considered a separate cohort. Each student will be expected to progress through the program and meet all PGA PGM milestones with their cohort. Only under exceptional circumstances will a student be allowed to deviate from this schedule and only with the director’s approval.
PGA高尔夫管理 Cohort Sequence
Requirements for Graduation
- Complete all 商业学院 requirements for a B.B.A. in 管理 – PGA高尔夫管理
- 25 GPA in all 商业学院 course work and an overall GPA of 2.25
- Progress through the program as a cohort group
- Complete all three levels of the PGA/PGM Program
- Complete 16 months of full-time internships at three different types 高尔夫球 facilities
- Pass the PGA of America’s 玩ing Ability Test (PAT) before graduation
- 必须是你.S. citizen or resident alien to be eligible for PGA membership
- Students must fulfill all PGA membership requirements within eight years of their program start date
PGA 玩ing Ability Test (PAT)
Passing the PAT is a requirement for graduation from 美狮贵宾会登录中心’s PGA高尔夫管理 Program. A student should attempt the PAT before applying for admission to the 美狮贵宾会登录中心 PGA高尔夫管理 Program to assess playing ability.
PGA PAT Guidelines and Requirements
One of the most important aspects of the PGA高尔夫管理 program is the internship program. The program coordinates student internships under the direct supervision of well-qualified and experienced PGA golf professionals whose primary purpose is to provide a valuable hands-on learning experience.
PGA高尔夫管理 students will be required to complete four internships totaling 16 months of full-time work at three different types of facilities.
Refer to the PGA高尔夫管理 Internship Procedures Manual for complete internship guidelines and procedures.